Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rockin' Roll Mamma

Look at this lady, isn't she cute? It's her BIRTHDAY!



A couple hours ago I was sitting in my usual Tues/Thurs class listening to my teacher stumble through computer jargon. Bored, I took a gander at the floor. Yes, I know this is a very strange thing to do when you're bored, but today it was the first thing that came to mind. On the floor sat a penny, genuine 1982 copper. I bent down, picked it up and examined it. From there I decided it was going to be my lucky penny. It's quite silly to believe that you get luck from a penny, but you never know right? I'm a lucky girl, especially today. You see, today is the day of my mother's birth. Yup, that's right people she turns 25 today. :)

My Mom & I have had quite a few moments. Some recently, some years ago, and some just outright hilarious. Like the time when our family was at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago, I was in about 7th grade. (I think?) Hot & anxious, considering it was a bazillion degrees outside and we'd already been there for several hours, we decided to hit up the closest food booth. As we sat on the patio, sipping our ice cold drinks, the unthinkable happened. Who did it happen to? My Mom. The friendly pigeon, flying above, left a little present on my Mom's forehead. We all giggled as the doo-doo ran down her face, almost touching the corners of her mouth.

Or the time this past weekend, we were being 'spontaneous' (right mom? :) Snatched up Matt & Cait and hit the road on an adventure. Menard's was our destination. Out on a search to compile the best set of colors for the re-painting of our basement. We ran in, grabbed a bunch of colors. Then ran out through the Exit doors. I rode shotgun, the paint chips were on the dash ahead of me. Mom went flying around a curve, and the paint chips flew all over my lap. My mom laughed so hard, not a giggle, not a chuckle, but a full-throttle from the pit of her stomach laugh. When it happened the second time, she laughed even harder.

And how could I forget, the time in Maui. Let's just say malfunction while snorkeling. Mom when you read this, I'm sure you'll laugh once more. I'll spare the details, it's our own secret. :)

These are the moments i'll never forget. Your such an inspiration, Mom. Seriously. You don't even know. I'm so glad you've taught me 'your ways,' and made it fun along the way. I can't wait to make so many more memories with you. For now, *kiss kiss face*

xoxo court

1 comment:

  1. Court what a wonderful birthday surprise!!!But do remember if you tell to many of those secret moments I will have to share a few of yours!!!!!!I love you so, you are one of the four best Birthday Gifts ever. You bring pure Joy to my heart!!
    XX00 to the moon and back!Love MOMMY(as you still sweetly say at age 20.

    ReplyDelete